COVID-19 Webinars and Events
Quick Links: Past APAP Webinars | Other Past Webinars
- 12.1.20 - Outdoor Arts Programming and Innovation in the Age of COVID-19
- 7.23.20 - Ask an Expert: Licensing and Permissions Requirements for Livestream and Rebroadcast - A Deeper Dive hosted by the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences
- 6.11.20 - APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations: HERE/NOW: HOW WE GOT HERE (AND HOW WE NEVER GET HERE AGAIN). This session begins at the 2:34:35 mark. The current global health crisis revealed an already broken system in which artists, programmers and other cultural workers were working. As we take a collective breath to pause, grieve, rest and reset, we need to name what wasn’t working, accept those failures and talk about how crisis can also lead to systemic change. Learn more about APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations here.
- 6.11.20 - APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations: HERE/NOW: STRATEGIES TO STABILIZE. Artists, cultural workers, agents and presenters are exploring new ways to collaborate, innovate and redefine programming together. Several have worked to share the burden and fallout of cancellations. What are we learning in the process and what are some precedent-setting strategies? Learn more about APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations here.
- 6.10.20 - APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations: RECOVERY/TRANSFORMATION: THE MONEY QUESTION. The session begins at the 2:33:31 mark. How might we sustain ourselves as individuals and communities through the uncertain present? What’s needed to secure the future of our performing arts ecosystem? Funding partners will play an important role in re-imagining and rebuilding current systems. How are these thought partners supporting immediate innovative thinking to ensure we are still standing in 2022? Learn more about APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations here.
- 6.10.20 - APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations: RECOVERY/TRANSFORMATION: WHAT COMES NEXT. While the present and future are uncertain, we can control the choices we make and carve out a new path. What might radical innovation and recovery look like and what role does cultural leadership play in the process? Learn more about APAP BREAK/ROOM Conversations here.
- 5.27.20 - Disruption & Innovation: Creative Performing Arts Responses, hosted by the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences. Download the resource guide which is intended to help you navigate disruption.
- 5.19.20 - Reopening the Performing Arts: Event Safety in the COVID-19 Era hosted by the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences.
- 5.12.20 - MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER: Best Practices for Maintaining Relationships and Booking New Dates hosted by the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences
- 4.28.20 - Ask An Expert: Tech Tips and Tricks for Successful Live Streaming Part 2 hosted by the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences
- 4.21.20 - Ask and Expert: The Legal Landscape of Live Streaming Part 1 hosted by the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences.
- 4.15.20 - Pause, Pivot, Adapt: Finding Emotional Resilience in Times of Crisis
- 4.14.20 - Putting the Puzzle Together: COVID-19 Relief for Performing Artists, Arts Workers, and Arts Organizations a joint webinar with the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences.
- 3.27.20 - Ask An Expert: Contracts, insurance, visas, employment and legislation in the COVID-19 Era a joint webinar with the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences
- 3.18.20 - We Are Stronger Together: Navigating Crises and Sustaining Healthy Relationships in the Era of Coronavirus a joint webinar with the Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences.
- 12.2.20 - Reimagining the Future of the Arts hosted by The Wallace Foundation. Replay coming soon!
- 7.7.20 - Risk Assessment for Performing Arts Organizations hosted by Performing Arts Readiness Project. Replay coming soon1
- 4.29.20 - Coping with COVID: Strategies for Mid-Atlantic Artists hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation.
- 4.29.20 - Best Practices in Advocacy Around the World hosted by Folk Alliance International.
- 4.27.20 - Town Hall: A New Era of Ensemble Theatre Making hosted by the Network of Ensemble Theaters.
- 4.27.20 - Pandemic Planning for the Performing Arts hosted by the Performing Arts Readiness Project.
- 4.23.20 - Digital BootCamp Livestream hosted by Capacity Interactive
- 4.23.20 - Staying Connected, Relevant, and Present in a Physically Distant World hosted by the North Carolina Presenters Consortium. Replay coming soon!
- 4.22.20 - How COVID-19 is Changing the Ways Nonprofits are Keeping their Missions Top of Mind & Their Constituents Engaged hosted by SalesForce
- 4.21.20 - CARES and Community Care: A "What Now?" Webinar hosted by TCG
- 4.21.20 - Introduction to Emergency Preparedness for Performing Arts Organizations hosted by Performing Arts Readiness (PAR) project
- 4.20. 20 - Town Hall: Can Our Artistry Combat Loneliness? hosted by the Network of Ensemble Theaters. Replay coming soon!
- 4.15.20 - Managing Nonprofit Finances Through the Current Crisis hosted by The Wallace Foundation
- 4.16.20 - Crisis Engagement: 12 Tasks to Sustain Donors in Turbulent Times hosted by Performing Arts Readiness (PAR) project
- 4.17.20 - CommUNITY Online: Live Streaming: Earning a Living and Reaching Fans hosted by Folk Alliance International.
- 4.13.20 - Town Hall: Tools for Ensemble Togetherness in a time of Physical Distance hosted by the Network of Ensemble Theaters
- 4.13.20 - COVID-19 Resources And Actions for Artists and Freelancers (NYS Edition) co-hosted by APAP, Music Workers Alliance, Actors Fund, MusiCares, NYC Artists Coalition and Future of Music Coalition
- 4.9.20 - Preparing for Next Season: Where are we now, and how do we proceed? hosted by North Carolina Presenters Consortium.
- 4.8.20 - CommUNITY Gathering: Coping with COVID-19 and Connecting Folk hosted by Folk Alliance International.
- 4.8.20 - What Now, and What Next: Your Orchestra and COVID-19 Federal Relief (Part 2) hosted by the League of American Orchestras.
- 4.8.20 - Managing Stress from Home hosted by the Performing Arts Readiness Project (PAR).
- 4.8.20 - How the CARES Act supports the arts sector hosted by Americans for the Arts.
- 4.1.20 - Your Orchestra and COVID-19 Federal Relief hosted by the League of American Orchestras.
- 4.1.20 - Setting Up An Emergency Relief Fund hosted by Americans for the Arts
- 4.1.20 - COVID-19 Relief for Artists, Freelancers, and Gig Workers