Quick Links: Becoming an Anti-Racist Organization | Structural Change | Short Reads | Long Reads | Guided Self-Reflection | Trainings | Indigenous | Discipline-Specific | Anti-Racism Arts Organizations | Anti-Racism Organizations | Support | Raising Anti-Racist Kids | Collections of Resources
APAP has curated and carefully assembled a growing, and continually updated, collection of important resources to guide and support you in practicing anti-racism in your work and your life. APAP believes that anti-racist work is not just a single act, but an ongoing commitment to a practice. As the work is a muscle that we must build and exercise, APAP is evolving this work with you.
The materials on this page are intended to provide APAP members and the performing arts field with a broad range of information from diverse groups, organizations, authors and sources who may be studying and addressing racial equity, decolonization, cultural justice, gender and other critical issues.
APAP strongly supports this important work through our REDI initiative, and understands that there is more information on these topics that we may not have posted yet. We recognize that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the materials belong solely to the author(s) and may not necessarily be shared by all readers or by all APAP members.
We encourage you to enter into this work at whatever point you are. We recognize that we are all learning individually and collectively, and as a community committed to the promise of an urgent and shared equity.
- People’s Institute for Undoing Racism (PISAB), a national and international collective of anti-racist, multicultural community organizers and educators dedicated to building an effective movement for social transformation.
- The BIPOC Project, an organization that aims to build authentic and lasting solidarity among Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), in order to undo Native invisibility, anti-Blackness, dismantle white supremacy and advance racial justice.
- NEW! The Intersection of Funding, Marketing, and Audience Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion from SMU Data Arts. This report examines pre-pandemic audience diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) along the dimensions of race and income at 24 large performing arts organizations in the United States to provide a baseline of past trends and a roadmap for the future. The new research is part of a series of recent publications by SMU DataArts that are designed to help arts and cultural organizations contend with the crisis of systemic racism.
- NEW! Anti-Racism College Guide For AAPI Students And Allies from College Consensus offers much information on advocacy, mental health, history, research, networks and more.
- Resource List from artEquity
- Anti-Racism Resources to Read, Listen, Watch, Follow and Support
- Racial Equity Tools for Organizational Impact Assessments, designed to support individuals and groups working to achieve racial equity.
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People, a document that is intended to serve as a resource to white people and parents to deepen our anti-racism work.
- Resources for Anti-Racist Education, a 6,000 page reference center is dedicated to providing information to the general public on African American history and the history of more than one billion people of African ancestry around the world from BlackPast.