5 Minutes to Shine
An APAP|NYC annual favorite, 5 Minutes to Shine (5MTS) showcases the most innovative engagement and audience-building work from the field. Inspired by the Wallace Foundation’s Nine Effective Practices for Building Audiences in the Arts, this APAP|NYC session highlights how to go from ideas to action.
- Homer Bryant, Hiplet artistic director, ECE Touring
- Emily Colin, community engagement specialist, Cape Fear Community College's Wilson Center
- Jim Leija, director of education & community engagement, University Musical Society, University of Michigan
- Shona McCullagh, chief executive & artistic director, The New Zealand Dance Company
- Charlie Robbin, CEO, Capitol Theatre
Attend 5MTS on Monday, January 7, 10-11 a.m. in the Hilton Rendezvous Trianon and help choose one participant to present at the annual APAP Awards Luncheon.
Have questions? Contact APAP Programs Manager, Kevin Hasser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.212.6865.
You can watch videos of 5MTS highlights from previous years and read the Wallace Foundation's inspiring reports on building arts audiences.