5 Minutes to Shine
An APAP|NYC annual favorite, 5 Minutes to Shine (5MTS) showcases the most innovative engagement and audience-building work from the field. Inspired by the Wallace Foundation’s Nine Effective Practices for Building Audiences in the Arts, this APAP|NYC session highlights how to go from ideas to action.
The deadline to apply was October 13, 2017 at 5 p.m. (EDT).
Finalists will each present at the popular 5MTS event Monday morning, January 15, 2018 at the New York Hilton Midtown in New York City. One 5MTS participant will be chosen by a live audience to present at the annual APAP Awards Luncheon that same day.
- Linsey Bostwick, senior producer, The Arts Center at New York University Abu Dhabi
- Katie Ortman, program and outreach director, Des Moines Social Club
- Ronee Penoi, associate producer, Octopus Theatricals
- Celeste Smith, chief curator of cultural and strategic initiatives, 1Hood Media
- Megan Pagado Wells, associate director, artist partner program, The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- Cathy Weiss, executive director, Del E Webb Center for the Performing Arts
Attend 5MTS on Monday, January 15, 10-11 a.m. in the Hilton Rendezvous Trianon and help choose one participant to present at the annual APAP Awards Luncheon.
You can watch videos of 5MTS highlights from previous years and read the Wallace Foundation's inspiring reports on building arts audiences.