APAP|NYC 2020 Pre-Conference
The APAP|NYC Pre-Conference (January 9-10, 2020) offers added professional development and networking opportunities to conference registrants and a sneak preview for the APAP-curious. Arrive early to connect with colleagues and to see what APAP is about!
Most of pre-conference is free and open to the public. RSVP encouraged.
Take a deep dive with day-long sessions and intensives on Thursday, January 9. Membership discounts available. Space is limited, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Intensives include:
- Growing Your Equity Quotient: Evolving the Conversation about Race and Equity in the Arts
- Womxn's Leadership Forum: Positioning Power
- Creating Compelling Content Online: A Workshop with Capacity Interactive
- Welcome to the Presenting, Booking and Touring Industry
Learn More and Register for Intensives
Connect and collaborate! Gather with state and regional consortia of presenters and other performing arts forums and affinity groups on topics of interest at the following events.
- Advancing Indigenous Performance Forum - NEW!
- Arts and Climate Change Forum – NEW!
- Broadway Forum
- Circus Arts Forum
- Classical Music Forum
- Dance Forum
- Jazz Road Forum - NEW!
- Presenting Immigrant Artists Forum
- Producing and Presenting Arab Artists Forum - NEW!
- South American Touring Forum – NEW!
- Transgender Arts Professionals Forum
- Youth and Family Programming Forum (9 a.m.-noon, off-site at New Victory Theater)
- 35 and Under Affinity Group - NEW! (Saturday, Jan. 11 at 5:30 p.m.)
- Agents and Managers Affinity Group
- Artists Affinity Group
- Community Engagement Professionals Affinity Group - NEW!
- Consultants and Entrepreneurs Affinity Group
- Development and Marketing Professionals Affinity Group – NEW!
- Festival Presenters Affinity Group
- International Presenters Affinity Group
- Making Space: Work/Life Integration Affinity Group – NEW!
- Municipal Presenters Affinity Group
- People of Color Affinity Group (Friday, Jan. 10 at 7:30 p.m.)
- Small and Mid-Sized Presenters Affinity Group
- Venues and Operations Affinity Group - NEW! (Sunday, Jan. 12 at 5 p.m.)
- University Presenters Affinity Group
Wavelengths: Global Music Conference at APAP|NYC: The largest gathering of world music professionals in the U.S. features two days of new perspectives, informed conversations, and interactive dialogue. Day one focuses on artists and day two on the presenting community. Produced by globalFEST, Inc.
Under the Radar Speed Dating: Learn about new theater works that are ready to tour! In a speed-dating format, presenters meet theater artists/companies to explore touring and partnering ideas. This session is geared towards presenters, and participating artists are curated in advance by The Public Theater’s Under the Radar Festival.