APAP|NYC 2020 Pre-Conference
The APAP|NYC Pre-Conference (January 9-10, 2020) offers added professional development and networking opportunities to conference registrants and a sneak preview for the APAP-curious. Arrive early to connect with colleagues and to see what APAP is about!
Pre-conference is free and open to the public. RSVP encouraged.
Take a deep dive with day-long sessions and intensives. Discounts for current APAP members. Space is limited, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Learn More and Register for Intensives
Connect and collaborate! Gather with state and regional consortia of presenters and other performing arts forums and affinity groups on topics of interest at the following events.
- Arts and Climate Change Forum – NEW!
- Broadway Forum
- Circus Forum
- Classical Music Forum
- Dance Forum
- Festivals Forum
- Jazz Road Forum - NEW!
- Producers Forum – NEW!
- South American Touring Forum – NEW!
- Youth and Family Programming Forum (9 a.m.-noon, off-site at New Victory Theater)
- Agents and Managers Affinity Group
- Artists Affinity Group
- Consultants and Entrepreneurs Affinity Group
- Development Professionals Affinity Group – NEW!
- Festival Presenters Affinity Group
- International Presenters Affinity Group
- Making Space: Work/Life Integration Affinity Group – NEW!
- Marketing Professionals Affinity Group – NEW!
- Municipal Presenters Affinity Group
- Small and Mid-sized Presenters Affinity Group
- Transgender Arts Professionals Affinity Group
- University Presenters Affinity Group
RSVP for Pre-Conference Forums and Affinity Groups
Wavelengths: APAP World Music Pre-Conference: Wavelengths is a two-day pre-conference (January 9-10, 2020) for the international performing arts field. Free and open to all, the first day focuses on artists and the second on the presenting community. Wavelengths strives to include new and overlooked perspectives and to provide actionable advice through informed conversations, breakout sessions, and interactive dialogue. Co-produced by rock paper scissors music PR and globalFEST.
Under the Radar Speed Dating: In a speed-dating format, presenters meet theater artists/companies to explore touring and partnering ideas. Participating artists are curated in advance by The Public Theater’s Under the Radar Festival.