Countless networking opportunities bring APAP|NYC attendees back year after year.
The number one reason people attend the conference is for networking, and APAP|NYC has added more opportunities than ever for you to make connections with your colleagues, formally or informally, including:
- Consortia, Forums and Affinity Groups
- Dine-Arounds and Thematic Social Gatherings
Each hosted by one of APAP’s Conference Committee members, these are a great way to meet new colleagues, make new friends, and engage with others in the field over food and drink. There is a limit of seven people per gathering (RSVPs are taken on a first-come basis) and the hosts will email attendees with the location and details. Topics include:
- Building Dynamic Donor Base for Capital Projects hosted by Chris Heacox (Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University).
- Queer Arts hosted by Beatrice L. Thomas and Kevin Seaman.
- New Executive/Artistic Directors hosted by James Lemons (Lake Placid Arts Center).
- Community Engagement hosted by Jenni Taylor Swain (Potluck Arts).
- Work/Work Balance hosted by Micah Ariel James (Hancher Auditorium).
- Discovery Dinner hosted by Martin Wollesen (Executive Director, The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center at the University of Maryland).
- APAP Collaborative Friendships hosted by Laura Sweet (Des Moines Performing Arts) and Toby Tumarkin (Global Head of Artists & Attractions for IMG Artists).
- APAP First-Time Attendees hosted by Ally Haynes-Hamblen (City of Las Vegas Office of Cultural Affairs).
- APAP After Hours
After a marathon day of APAP|NYC activity, what could be better than a chance to relax and chat over a drink? That’s why we bring you APAP After Hours from 9-11 p.m. nightly from Friday to Monday in the Hilton Hotel Bridges Bar and Lobby Bar. You’ll find happy hour discounts for APAP|NYC attendees, a special APAP signature cocktail, and camaraderie and connection with old friends and new.
- Post-Session Talk Time
We know that the end of a session can be the start of a great conversation, so we’ve built in extra time to allow the conversation to flourish. Most APAP|NYC plenaries and professional development sessions this year offer a full half hour between events, so whether you want to linger in the room or move to the networking lounge, you’ll have bonus time to connect with your colleagues.
- New Colleagues Orientation
- Opening Reception
- EXPO Hall
Connect and collaborate! Gather with state and regional consortia of presenters and other performing arts forums and affinity groups on topics of interest at the following events. You can find more information about each of these sessions by selecting the "Networking Event" filter in the Detailed Schedule.
- Arizona Presenters Alliance General Meeting
- California Presenters
- Illinois Presenters
- New England Presenters
- Ohio Presenters
- Pennsylvania Presenters
- Southern Presenters Regional Meeting
- Women of Color in the Arts (WOCA)
- Broadway Forum
- Classical Music Forum
- Dance Forum
- Festivals Forum
- Transgender Arts Professionals Forum
- Youth and Family Programming Forum
NEW! Affinity Groups
- Agents and Managers Affinity Group
- Artists Affinity Group
- Independent Consultants and Entrepreneurs Affinity Group
- International Presenters Affinity Group
- Municipal Presenters Affinity Group
- People of Color Affinity Group
- Small and Mid-Sized Presenters Affinity Group
- University Presenters Affinity Group
Meet with a subject-matter expert for a free one-on-one consultation focused on your questions and needs on topics from marketing and development to
grant applications and legal guidance. Available on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more about the consultations being offered.
Get valuable information from arts service organizations on their programs, including field opportunities and grant support. Learn about eligibility and guidelines, as well as get your specific questions answered. Past presenters include the National Endowment for the Arts and the Mid- Atlantic Arts Foundation.
You can find more information about each of these sessions by selecting the "Partner Programming" filter in the Detailed Schedule.
Spend face-time with tech experts! Not a sales pitch, these sponsored sessions offer you a look into some of the most exciting technology opportunities for the
performing arts field. You can find more information about each of these sessions by selecting the "Partner Programming" filter in the Detailed Schedule.