Countless networking opportunities bring APAP|NYC attendees back year after year.
The number one reason people attend the conference is for networking, and APAP|NYC has added more opportunities than ever for you to make connections with your colleagues, formally or informally, including:
- Consortia, Forums and Affinity Groups
- Dine-Arounds and Thematic Social Gatherings
Each hosted by one of APAP’s Conference Committee members, these are a great way to meet new colleagues, make new friends, and engage with others in the field over food and drink. More informatin coming soon!
- APAP After Hours
After a marathon day of APAP|NYC activity, what could be better than a chance to relax and chat over a drink? That’s why we bring you APAP After Hours from 9-11 p.m. nightly from Friday to Monday in the Hilton Hotel Bridges Bar and Lobby Bar. You’ll find happy hour discounts for APAP|NYC attendees, a special APAP signature cocktail, and camaraderie and connection with old friends and new.
- Post-Session Talk Time
We know that the end of a session can be the start of a great conversation, so we’ve built in extra time to allow the conversation to flourish. Most APAP|NYC plenaries and professional development sessions this year offer a full half hour between events, so whether you want to linger in the room or move to the networking lounge, you’ll have bonus time to connect with your colleagues.
- New Colleagues Orientation
- Opening Reception
- EXPO Hall
Connect and collaborate! Gather with state and regional consortia of presenters and other performing arts forums and affinity groups on topics of interest at the following events. More information coming soon!
- California Presenters Updating Meeting
- Illinois Presenters Network
- NAPAMA Members Meeting
- New England Presenters/Arts Presenters of Northern New England
- Ohio Arts Professionals Network Meeting
- PA Presenters Consortium Meeting
- Rocky Mountain Arts Consortium
- Southern Presenters
- Women of Color in the Arts (WOCA)
Most Forums meet during the Pre-Conference. Learn more and RSVP.
- Advancing Indigenous Performance Forum - NEW!
- Arts and Climate Change Forum – NEW!
- Broadway Forum
- Circus Arts Forum
- Classical Music Forum
- Dance Forum
- Festivals Forum
- Jazz Road Forum - NEW!
- Presenting Immigrant Artists Forum
- Producing and Presenting Arab Artists Forum - NEW!
- South American Touring Forum – NEW!
- Transgender Arts Professionals Forum
- Youth and Family Programming Forum (9 a.m.-noon, off-site at New Victory Theater)
Most Affinity Groups meet during the Pre-Conference. Learn more and RSVP.
- 35 and Under Affinity Group - NEW! (Saturday, Jan. 11 at 5:30 p.m. RSVP here.)
- Agents and Managers Affinity Group
- Artists Affinity Group
- Community Engagement Professionals Affinity Group - NEW!
- Consultants and Entrepreneurs Affinity Group
- Development and Marketing Professionals Affinity Group – NEW!
- Festival Presenters Affinity Group
- International Presenters Affinity Group
- Making Space: Work/Life Integration Affinity Group – NEW!
- Municipal Presenters Affinity Group
- People of Color Affinity Group (Friday, Jan. 10 at 7:30 p.m. RSVP here.)
- Small and Mid-Sized Presenters Affinity Group
- Venues and Operations Affinity Group - NEW! (Sunday, Jan. 12 at 5 p.m. RSVP here.)
- University Presenters Affinity Group
Meet with a subject-matter expert for a free one-on-one consultation focused on your questions and needs on topics from marketing and development to
grant applications and legal guidance. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Get valuable information from arts service organizations on their programs, including field opportunities and grant support. Learn about eligibility and guidelines, as well as get your specific questions answered. Past presenters include the National Endowment for the Arts and the Mid- Atlantic Arts Foundation.
Spend face-time with tech experts! Not a sales pitch, these sponsored sessions offer you a look into some of the most exciting technology opportunities for the
performing arts field.