APAP Board Nominations
Nominations are now open for APAP board terms starting in 2020. Nominations close on August 31, 2019.
Members of APAP, the Association of Performing Arts Professionals. are cordially invited to submit nominations for the 2020 APAP board of directors. APAP values board members who have a passion for the organization and who can commit to thinking creatively and strategically about the future of our association.
APAP has four board openings to fill in January 2020. The Nominations Task Force will review submissions and interview potential nominees in September 2019. The board will present the slate of new and returning board members and their qualifications to members for a vote (by electronic ballot prior to and in person at the annual member meeting in January). Board members are elected to a three-year term in accordance with our current bylaws. Terms will begin in January 2020.
Guidelines for Nominations
Qualifications and Experience
We are seeking:
- Candidates with a passion for the association who are willing to commit significant time and energy to resource the association to ensure a future that serves our members;
- Candidates with development experience and a willingness to fundraise on behalf of APAP;
- Candidates who bring diversity of thought and experience (as well as geographic, age, ethnic, and gender diversity);
- Professionals experienced in new media, technology and marketing and communications;
- Leaders with a deep knowledge of the performing arts field through professional and volunteer experience;
- Candidates who are respected by peers for their broad perspective and commitment to service.
- Board members uphold the mission, vision and core values of APAP. The board develops policies, goals and plans that sustain the mission and values and provides oversight for the management of APAP resources.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and proceedings of the board. The board meets three to four times in person each year and meetings last up to two full days;
- Actively serve on board committees;
- Make an annual cash contribution to APAP and help develop additional prospects and resources;
- Review and approve annual budget, financial reports and plans;
- Develop, approve, and evaluate APAP policies;
- Evaluate the board and your individual service as a board member;
- Maintain active participation with board colleagues and contribute to building a climate that fosters open discussion of all issues;
- Make direct connections with the membership, listen to their issues and bring the field’s concerns before the board;
- Attend the APAP|NYC annual membership conference and other APAP programs;
- Hire and annually evaluate the president & CEO;
- Maintain a current APAP membership status.
APAP members are invited to submit a colleague for nomination no later than August 31, 2019. Individuals may not nominate themselves for board service.
Questions? Contact Rebecca Saldivar, executive and operations associate, at 202.207.3855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.