Work with APAP
APAP is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Under the supervision of the staff accountant, the accounting associate will assist with the reporting and management of the organization’s day-to-day accounting activities. The associate is primarily responsible for AR/AP, check disbursements, general journal entries, GL/bank reconciliations, credit card/Paypal transactions, accounting batches/integration with Great Plains and other accounting duties as assigned. The accounting associate also works closely with the operations associate.
- Assist with general journal entries and monthly closings
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Reconciliation of bank statements and merchant credit accounts
- Responsible for accounting batches and integration with Great Plains
- Responsible for reviewing cash receipts and deposits
- Assist with daily cash reporting
- Reviews invoices for data entry and compliance
- Maintains all AP and AR accounts
- Responsible for check disbursements and maintains GP vendor files
- Reviews advertising sales revenue register and data entry
- Assists with the annual IRS 1099 filing
- Maintains W-9 tax documentation
- Assists with the preparation of annual audit schedules
- Provides administrative and accounting support for annual conference
- Adherence to standard accounting policies and procedures
- Supports front desk operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three to five years experience working in a nonprofit organization or corporation in an office administration capacity
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office, industry standard Association Management and Financial Management Systems
- Experience with Dynamics (Microsoft Great Plains), SharePoint and Excel preferred
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple deadlines
- Accurate, detail-oriented, flexible and well organized
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Accounting Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Principals only.
Internships at APAP
The Association of Performing Arts Presenters internship program is designed to provide meaningful learning opportunities and on-the-job experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students and recent college graduates with an interest in the performing arts and/or arts administration.
The APAP internship program is made up of two components: 50% project-based; 50% departmental support. Each APAP intern will complete a project of his/her choice. The chosen project must adhere to the following guidelines. The project must: have a focus or be a subject of interest to the intern or applicable to their major/area of expertise; provide a resource or service to APAP or the presenting field; and, once completed, be a tangible piece to be used in a portfolio when job-seeking or interviewing. Interns will be assigned a project supervisor, and have access to high-level staff on an ongoing basis for consultation and support on the project. Interns will present his/her project to the full staff upon completion.
In addition to the selected project, interns will provide departmental office support to one of the following divisions: membership, marketing or programming.
How to Apply:
- Read the guidelines and application form.
- Complete the application form and submit along with the following materials:
- Application form
- Cover letter
- Updated resume
- Three references (professional or educational)
- Submit materials to Laura Benson (email@example.com) by the deadline(s) indicated here:
- Summer Internships (June - August) - deadline April 7, 2014
- Fall/Winter Internships (September - December) - deadline July 7, 2014
APAP interns receive a one-year complimentary membership to APAP with the opportunity to receive student registration at APAP|NYC. Successful interns will receive a letter of recommendation from a senior level staff member of APAP. If applicable, some interns may receive college credit for the internship. A modest stipend will be dispensed in two installments - 50% midway through the internship and 50% upon completion. No stipend will be given if the internship is not completed.